Shalom! Team Boaz Co-Workers ~! I greet you in the good name of our Lord Jesus Christ, rich in love and grace. This report inevitably contains 3rd and 4th quarters of 2018. Should you be worried about no news for a while?
As usual, I have day after day passed through various Tests that God allows, and I realize anew that God confirms whether I have solid faith indeed and I practice it in my life.
This (Test) is clearly different from the Trial. While the Trial means that a student is able to cope with the temptation to play outside or to go to sleep fast and then, to study hard and steadily until late at night during the semester, the Test will be the process to get the results of his accumulated capability in endurance through a midterm exam, final exams, entrance examination and so on.
There are many good examples in the Bible. He made a bet with Satan to let Job suffer great disaster and deny God and give up his faith. To Daniel’s three friends, He let them to choose either to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar’s gold statue or to be thrown into the fire. He watched Abraham obey his command to sacrifice his only son Isaac.
It took a long and difficult Trial process for them to pass this Test by faith. Just as a student should be studying uninterruptedly, it is lifetime task for Saints to mature their faith through life. Such a strong faith can never be achieved overnight.
This means that the Trial of God will not cease to the Saints, and that at some stage of faith maturity, the Test will be presented from time to time. In the end, the life of the Saints is a process to overcome well the Trial given by God, and with discernment, to pass the Test and to avoid the Temptation.
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1: 2-4)
I’ve been mistaken indeed. When I came to Indonesia for business mission by obeying my calling at the end of the theology, I knew that God’s ultimate plan for me would be fulfilled. In other words, I thought it would be enough to take the charge of my business mission and I should only bear fruit. But it was not that.
Now I realize. I know that the life I am currently living in, is still a Trial process that God allows. I am still much short of ability and weak in the work and therefore, continue to be trained and grow. Because I still have not passed many Tests.
Though I was called to a place where there is no one I can rely on, I have rather relied on humans than God, still living in a way that depends on humanity and solves the problems in human ways and accordingly, no God’s will does accomplish, leaving me to languish.
During the year 2018, He continued to challenge me with the words, ‘The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.’ Now, it seems that I reach the faith to confess at least in the will of this Word. If I truly acknowledge God as my shepherd who made me to His plan and claims my life and death, my life will lack nothing. I wish that next year there will be progress in greater faith.
Team Boaz had the sixth medical missionary work in the Afghanistan camp in the Bogor region on August 24. This event was sponsored by Sungbok Church in Jamsil where Pastor Kim Joong-ho, a Talbot Seminary alumnus and a director of Team Boaz Foundation is ministering.
We did not have medical ministry in the fourth quarter. This is because missionary Choi Young-mi (tentmaker missionary), a key member of Team Boaz’s medical mission, has been forced to work for a living, making it impossible for her to work on weekdays.
The refugee residence area where we have been practicing medical care is the mountain area where the safari (zoo) is located. On weekends, however, the road to the refugee residence area becomes one way. In the morning it is only allowed to go up and late in the afternoon to go down. So, on weekends it is impossible to work in this area.
It is too bad, but under such a condition the medical ministry has been paused for a while from the fourth quarter and we are praying for another ministry that God allows. Even if our refugee medical ministry is tentatively suspended, please pray for other helping hand so that they will continue to be treated without alienation.
Even in the third and fourth quarters, the afterschool (Saptu Ceria) and the preschool (Sumber Kasih) are progressing well in God’s Grace. Although our support is not big enough at this moment, I would like to silently take the ministry with the hope that the Indonesian children whom Teamboaz supports will someday become a political leader who breaks down corruption in Indonesia and grow into an economic leader to overcome the disparity between the rich and the poor.
Last Sharing is the ISF (International Student Association) ministry. In the third and fourth quarters, we regularly gathered monthly to learn how to cook Korean food and shared their lives with each other. The recipe of the Korean food we made together was so delicious that the members were very happy with eat.
- Please pray for the qualitative and quantitative growth of Chrombit. We want to be a good company model for good jobs, and we want Chrombit to be a path of blessing. Through the services provided by Chrombit, we want to improve the quality of life in Indonesia.
- Pray for employees to experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ in their work lives. The gospel, that preaches by living, not by the word to say, is the most effective tool of preaching the gospel, so please give your intercessory prayer for me to live on the example of faith.
- We have stopped refuge medical service ministry. Pray for other helping hands to open the way for refugees to receive regular care. And we are looking for a new medical mission area. Pray that we will be well connected with grace.
- We are in discussions with several vendors to sell FinTech App solutions, which mCash developed and operated for a while. Pray for a final sales contract to be made.
- Pray for the growth of Chrombit’s future enterprise, 3D printer manufacturing and distribution, and 3D printing services. We are recruiting good investors and business partners.
- Through Team Boaz’s ministry, I hope Chrombit employees will feel the joy of serving with their skills. And most of all, I want to see them to meet the gospel of Jesus Christ in this process.
- Pray that, being an Indonesian branch president of the International Student Association (ISF), I have a variety of activities that will help me build my career in Indonesia and continue networking with those graduates to represent Korea for publicizing Korean merit in Indonesia.
Guidance on Patronage
Team Boaz is a nonprofit organization (NGO). Backed up by your patronage and prayer, we can spread Christ’s love. We look forward to sponsorship from those who sympathize on the effect of our mission.
§ Beneficiary: 팀보아즈 (Team Boaz)
§ Bank: 하나은행
§ Account No.: 366-910005-34304
§ Beneficiary: Yayasan Agape Wesley Indonesia
§ Bank: Bank Mandiri
§ Account No.: 120 00 1101771 7
From your brother in Jesus
Isaiah Lee Choongsil