Hi! I greet you in the good name of the Lord to the co-worker who supports us materially and spiritually for Team Boaz. Every time I write a mission letter, I feel that time is like flowing water. It seems that time is running fast without much done.
“Save the time. The time is “evil” (Ephesians 5:16). The Greek word translated about “time” is “kairos”. In short, qualitative time, it means ‘the opportunity God has given.’ The Greek word “exagorazo” translated about “save” means to buy back things sold to others. The Greek word translated about ‘time’ is ‘Hemerai’, which means the quantitative time of ‘days’ (‘days’), or ‘kronos’, since it is the plural of ‘hamera’ which means ‘day’. And the meaning of ‘evil’ is being under the control of Satan.
In other words, it means that these days, in which we are living, are all under the control of Satan (Chronos) and this time sold to Satan and under its control must be bought back with the precious opportunity (Kairos) God gave. Namely, it means that we should not let our daily lives be under the control of Satan, but live with God in daily life in the right relationship with our neighbours.
Once you have interpreted the words in this way, it is true that you are more discouraged. I have a feeling that it is an impossible realization for me because I know my weakness. But God knows me better than anyone, so He does not make any unreasonable demand. If I just confess my weakness and admit His greatness, He gives me strength to win in me and makes me alive.
The Sumber kasih preschool and the Saptu Ceria afterschool are steadily operated as usual. The greatest reason for these two ministries could be done for more than five years is that all of the volunteer teachers, the core of this ministry, are students who are studying at the local seminary.
When I first settled in Indonesia for business missionary work, I had no idea how to start my ministry. The business was just beginning, so I was unable to start missionary work, but it was the opportunity that an Indonesian missionary who finished doctoral course at Talbot seminary, where I studied, contacted me on Facebook.
One day I visited the place where the missionary was working, and it was a seminary in Indonesia. While I was sharing about how I was called as a business mission, not a general ministry, I realized that one of the seminary students was about to start a kindergarten in the slums for her practical training (it is obligatory for seminary students to practice training for one year after finishing the third grade) and needed supporters.
Although the company was operated in a deficit in the early stage, it was the ministry that Teamboaz was supposed to do, so I decided to support the preschool with faith in God’s preparations. Now, Teamboaz has expanded the support to Saptu Ceria Afterschool project which, every Saturday, about 20 seminarians visit 5 villages and teach children of after school classroom.
If I had to do this alone, I wouldn’t have started even now after five years elapsed. The business, too, would have been postponed by lack of stability. Through this experience, I have realized God, who is ahead of us and planning all things and awaiting a just obedient worker, and that what we should do is not planning a ministry but the obedience to give our life to Him.
Another Team Boaz’s work is of the International Student Council. The 2nd ISF Indonesia Graduation Conference was held on March 23, 2019. The Indonesian branch, created after the ‘1st Graduation Conference’ held in July 2017, has prepared its own event in two years. It was burdensome for the branch to undertake this big event on its own, but it was so much fun and easy to prepare for the event because the graduates who attended the meeting volunteered their role in what they could do.
Even though there were a lot of busy things ahead of college graduation, Sisca was willing to take charge of the event as a host. And Tutti, who was in charge of the game, mastered the rules of all games by seeing the video of the Korean traditional games that I sent to her and grappled with how to make the game fun. Tita, who made the video to introduce ISF Indonesia, cut the time in the midst of busy business, edited a wonderful video.
The list of alumni who are invited to the event, the invitation to be sent by e-mail, and the confirmation of attendance were handled by Mega, the chairman of our ISF meeting. With the help of Laura at Fairmont Hotel, we could arrange the event site at discounted price.
Lieke assisted entirely with translation and interpretation, and Giovanni, who was busy during her master’s course, arrived early on the day of the event and assisted in reception of the invited graduates at the reception desk. The event could be joyfully held by members’ demonstration of their talents and voluntary devotion.
Finally, taking a group photo and leaving after the event. It was a lingering event where the graduating students greeted each other and talked without end after 30 minutes.
- Please pray for qualitative and quantitative growth of Chrombit that wants to become a model of good enterprise that supplies good jobs and to be a path to blessings. It is desired that Indonesian’s quality of life may improve by virtue of the products and services provided by Chrombit. Your prayer is requested for the growth in both quality and volume of the enterprise.
- Please pray that our workers will be able to experience Jesus Christ’s love and grace at the job sites. Ministering Gospel by living is more effective than that by words. Your intercessory prayer is, therefore, requested for me to live out as a model of true Christianity.
- We have stopped refuge medical service ministry that we served. Pray for other helping hands to open the way for refugees to receive regular care. And we are looking for a new medical mission area. Pray that we will be well connected with grace.
- We are in discussions with several vendors to sell PinTech App solutions, developed by mCash and operated for a while. Pray for a final sales contract.
- 3D printer manufacturing and distribution and 3D printing services are being prepared for the future income source of ChromBit. We are recruiting good investors and business partners. We will start distribution to Korea, Indonesia and Japan in earnest from the end of October. Pray that the preparation will be well made.
- Through Team Boaz’s ministry, I hope that Mcash and Chrombit employees will feel the joy of serving with their skills. And most of all, I want to see them meet the gospel of Jesus Christ in this process.
- Please pray that I can take good care of the role of the chief of the Indonesian branch of the International Student Association (ISF), so that I can continue my career in Indonesia, keeping network with graduates representing Korea and do various activity to introduce Korean merits into Indonesia together with them.
Guidance on Patronage
Team Boaz is a nonprofit organization (NGO). Backed up by your patronage and prayer, we can spread Christ’s love. We look forward to sponsorship from those who sympathize on the effect of our mission.
§ Beneficiary: 팀보아즈 (Team Boaz)
§ Bank: 하나은행
§ Account No.: 366-910005-34304
§ Beneficiary: Yayasan Agape Wesley Indonesia
§ Bank: Bank Mandiri
§ Account No.: 120 00 1101771 7
From your brother in Jeusu
Isaiah Choongsil Lee